SKIN FOOD 101: Skin Benefits of Tangerines
Is Tangerines, Mandarin Orange?
Kinda. Many might have confused these two to be the same fruit, but Tangerines are actually a subgroup of mandarins.
They both belong to the citrus fruits (Citrus Reticulata) family. While all tangerines are classified as a type of mandarin orange, but not all mandarin oranges are tangerines. The main difference between the two species is their skin colour.
What are the properties of TANGERINES/MANDARIN ORANGES?
Extracts from tangerines or mandarin oranges are of course, just like many citrus fruits, rich in Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and citric acid. It also contains vitamin E and A, along with minerals like calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium and carotenes.
The skin of tangerines and most citrus fruits contains bioflavonoid, also known as Vitamin P, that is very beneficial to the skin. This vitamin optimizes the absorption and utilization of Vitamin C.
What are the Skincare benefits?
Citrus fruits have been widely used in skincare products for decades due to their richness in vitamin C and citric acid, which offer effective and immediate skin benefits.
Some of the very commonly known benefits of citrus fruits like tangerines are:
- Act as a barrier against stronger rays of the sun thanks to it's antioxidant’s properties
- Anti-Ageing, reduction of Fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves and brightens overall skin tone by increasing collagen production in our skin
- Promotes the growth of new cells and wound healing properties
- Reduce pimples, acne and breakout with its anti-inflammatory properties
- Vitamins in citrus fruit help clear up the skin of oils and provide a refreshing glow
- Effectively fight skin infections caused by various bacteria and fungi
- Prevent and reduces pigmentation
- Citric acid help refines and tightens the pore
About the Innisfree Jeju Tangerines Peel Extract Line
While there are many vitamin C and citrus fruit skincare product in the market, what makes the Innisfree Jeju Tangerines Line so special is that the brand focus on the benefits of the tangerine peel (or skin).
The tangerines are harvested from a pristine, pesticide-free farm on Jeju Island. The beauty secret lies in the peel (skin) of the fruit, which naturally infused with 6 types of citrus flavonoids. These flavonoids are said to create a flawlessly radiant skin by:
- Brightens dull and uneven skin tone
- Inhibits melanin generations in the skin
- Brighten dark spots and reduce hyperpigmentation
- Pore refining, tightening and smoothen skin texture
- Deeply moisturizes the skin
- Helps with skin turnover for deeper penetration of next skincare step
Most importantly, Innisfree Jeju Tangerine Line is formulated WITHOUT parabens, animal products, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance and imidazolidinyl urea. This makes the products suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
Reviews of Innisfree Jeju Tangerines Peel Extract Products from Innisfree Official Sites:
“It was Great. I was using it for 5 months. During this, my pores were tightened a lot and some of my acne scars were fade away. I also feel that my skin becomes glow after using it for a few months.” - Thw* T
“I used to have fair but super dull skin, which makes my face look rather black from afar. However, within a month of usage, my face brightens up significantly. I am very pleased with this purchase” - *L
"I use this serum in the morning along with the green tea seed serum. And I definitely see a difference, it’s better than most of the harsher vitamin c serums, but it is WAY less intensive! Love this! And it smells so good!" –Nick
“I really love this product, since I have dry skin, I use this product every night before I go to sleep, and every time I use it the next morning I wake up with immediate result! My skin looks brightened and fresh without any reddish ( my skin tend to have redness because of allergy and skin issues) I almost use this product more than half a year now and I still have half! Definitely recommending this if you are looking for a light-weight night mask!” - Sabrina L.